Thursday, March 19, 2009

My First Blog Here

Hello! I am an Orthodox Christian and this is my first blog here. I just want to say a few things about me. I am a reader in the Orthodox Church in America. I chant the Hours and read the Epistle readings during the Divine Liturgy. (The Divine Liturgy is what we call our Communion service. The Roman Catholics call theirs Mass. We call ours Divine Liturgy.) I also do catechumen lessons in our church. My Church name is Reader Stephen.
The church at which I serve is Sts. Constantine and Helen Orthodox Church in Helena, Georgia. It is located next to the Georgia State Patrol Station on U.S. Highway 341 in Helena.
I am pro-life. I have been pro-life for a very long time. I am totally against the killing of unborn children. I support the pro-life movement as much as I can. The only reason I think a woman should be allowed to have an abortion is to prevent her from dying if she gives birth to her child.
I believe that life begins at conception and that God creates our souls the very moment that the sperm unites with the egg. (Zech. 12:1; Jer. 1:5)
I like to read books, especially religious ones. I also like science fiction stories.
I dislike vulgar and obscene movies. I think that a lot of the movies could be improved if the foul language and nude scenes were deleted from them. Such stuff, in my opinion, really does not add to the plot.
I have a My Space site. It is: www.myspace.com/readersteve.
There is much else I could write about myself, but I am going to stop here.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment